Welcome to ICel 2011
e-Learning is naturally suited to distance learning and flexible learning, but can also be used in conjunction with face-to-face teaching, in which case the term Blended learning is commonly used. e-Learning pioneer Bernard Luskin argues that the “e” must be understood to have broad meaning if e-Learning is to be effective. Luskin says that the “e” should be interpreted to mean exciting, energetic, enthusiastic, emotional, extended, excellent, and educational in addition to “electronic” that is a traditional national interpretation. This broader interpretation allows for 21st century applications and brings learning and media psychology into the equation.
e-Learning is essentially the computer and network-enabled transfer of skills and knowledge. e-Learning applications and processes include Web-based learning, computer-based learning, virtual classroom opportunities and digital collaboration. Content is delivered via the Internet, intranet/extranet, audio or video tape, satellite TV, and CD-ROM. It can be self-paced or instructor-led and includes media in the form of text, image, animation, streaming video, audio, and games. Abbreviations like CBT (Computer-Based Training), IBT (Internet-Based Training) or On-line training and WBT (Web-Based Training) have been used as synonyms to e-Learning and/or online education. Today one can still find these terms being used, along with variations of e-Learning such as e-Learning, e-Learning, and e-Learning.
Considering the above advances in the ICT-based learning as well as the technology utilization, ITB , SEAMOLEC, and UiTM collaborate to conduct a conference about online education intended as the arena for sharing best practices, results of research and development activities, as well as opportunity for networking in the area of online education or e-Learning. The conference is the 3rd International Conference of e-Learning in concurrence with ITB Digital Media Festival and 14th GBM of SEAMOLEC.
- To share e-Learning and m-learning best practices among world’s scholars and professionals.
- To share research and development of e-Learning and m-learning best practices.
- To achieve high quality learning services at national, regional, and international levels.
- To provide the best e-Learning or m-learning practices solutions for all Malaysian and Indonesia universities.
Topics/Scopes (but not limited to)
- Andragogy in Online Learning/Online Education
- Technology & Andragogy in Online Learning/Online Education
- Quality Assurance in Online Learning & Mobile Learning
- Instructional Design for Online Learning/Online Education
- Best Practices Online Learning Strategies
- Best Practices Online Learning/Online Education System Development
- Best Practices Online Learning/Online Education Material Development
- Online Learning Best Practices in Online Training Management
- m-Learning System Development
- m-Learning Material Development System
- m-Learning Best Practices
- Online Learning/Education Benchmark and Standards
- Online Learning Institutional Management
- Values in Online and m-Learning
- Collaborative Technologies
- Innovative Online Teaching Strategic
- Student Engagement in Online Learning
- or other related to the main themes
For Further Information
Visit ICEL 2011 ITB Website : Click Here
Visit ICEL 2011 UiTM Malaysia Website: Click Here
Download Our ICEL 2011 Flyer: Click Here
Committee of ICEL 2011
Leave a comment
No comments yet.