Heemmm… Skripsi lagi.. Skripsi lagi, ini nich yang menjadi ganjalan diakhir study S1 yang menguras pikiran dan terkadang membuat mahasiswa itu merasa down bahkan putus asa karena kesulitan dan membuat skripsi. Nah, biasanya kita harus membuat outline skripsinya, gimana ya cara membuatnya. Mungkin ini bisa menjadi referensi namun outline ini tidak bentuk baku dan juga tidak terstandarkan oleh PT di Indonesia. Oleh karena itu outline ini dibuat untuk memberikan gambaran saja dan semoga bermanfaat. Berikut tahapan pembuatan outline skripsinya itu untuk jurusan Sastra Inggris namun bukan tidak mungkin bisa untuk jurusan mana saja dengan judul seperti yang tertera dibawah ini:
The Analysis of Translation Techniques on the Novel “Angel & Demon’s” In English and Indonesia Version.
The research was carried out based on the following considerations:
- Novel Angel & Demon’s is the best seller novel and was appointed as a movie
- Novel Angel & Demon’s has two versions in English and Indonesia but there are still translations in terms of removing a few words so it should be investigated further.
- Analyzing techniques can help translate to know which type of translation techniques that are widely used in order to increase knowledge.
C. Identification / Formulating the Problem
The Identification of problem in this research is:
- How many kinds of techniques used in translating the novel “Angel & Demon’s”.
- How is the accuracy of translation in the novel “Angel & Demon’s”.
- What kinds of translation errors which is found in the novel “Angel & Demon’s”.
D. Research Purposes
The research purposes in this research as follows:
- To know the several of translation techniques used in the novel, “Angel & Demon’s”.
- To determine the accuracy of translation in the novel, “Angel & Demon’s”.
- To know the types of errors found in translating the novel, “Angel & Demon’s”.
E. Research Benefits
This research the benefits obtained in this study as follows:
- For those readers that can increase knowledge and skills in translating technical
- For Lecturers named as reference materials and in conducting research
- For (Your Univ/ PT), namely as a collection of reading materials, references the same study and to enrich the research.
- For the next researcher named as references and guidelines for further research in order to become better future research.
F. Assumptions and Hypotheses
The assumptions of this research as follows:
- In this research, there are several kinds of translation techniques in novel Angel and Demon’s
- Degree of accuracy in the technique of translating the novel “Angel & Demon’s”
- There are some errors in translating the novel “Angel & Demon’s”.
G. Study Literature
According to Yunita (2009:17 in her paper entitled “Analyzing the translation of dialogues calling all creeps” A novel (from Italian novel, Spanish novella, French novella is a long written, fictional, prose narrative the word novelist derived of a latin word. It derives from novel is mean new. It is termed new because novel is the newest of literary kinds like poetry, drama etc. According to woolft (1975:27) a roman or a novel is “particularly an exploration or a chronicle: muses and describer it in a certain form, impact, relation, result, destruction or the achievement of human movement”, and according to Webster (1988) novel is “a fictional prose narrative of considerable length and certain complexity that deals imaginatively with human experience through a connect sequence of event involving a group of person in a specific setting”. According to Moentaha (2006:30) in his book is “Language and translation”, translation is a simple technique in translating from the language of origin to the destination language.
The types of translation techniques
- The literal translation is a translation of the results under the realization that under the standard translation of a fairly convey information to the target language text in the source language text by complying with the norms of the source language.
- Substitution is the substance of the technique because the translation made the city level. Substitution of the translation process is routinely conducted through the streets of the source language with the passing of meaning.
- Free translation is performed translation level units of language, like a sentence or text in its entirety. Free translations are generally better accepted than literal translations because the translation usually does not occur free either deviation or violation meaning the source language norms.
- Paraphrases are marking the achievement of a situation, the information contained in uptake in the form of text and picture of the situation rather than the meaning of the target language text.
- Replacement (replacement) is grammatical lexical units (word class, part of the sentence). In translating the technique through the replacement (replacement), there are some sections again are:
- Additional technique is the addition of words that are not contained in the original language into the target language.
- Omission is to drop the word abundant because without assistance is not used inappropriately.
- Compression is a technique to translate the words contained source language into the target language.
- Synthetic derivational is the process of formation of various constructions.
- Descriptive translation (amplification) is the delivery of the text’s meaning in the target language to source language using combinations of words that describe free lexical units that reflect the specific realistic.
H. Research Methods
The researcher of this research uses two research methods such as descriptive and distribution researches:
- In this study the author uses descriptive research method. According Djajasudarma (1993:60) in his book entitled “Linguistic Methods, Study Design and Research Methods”. Descriptive research method is descriptive or research that aims to create a picture of systematic, factual and accurate information on the data and the connection of the phenomenon under study in this research. While the distribution method that is based on the data selection techniques specific categories of grammar in accordance with natural features. Based on the definitions above, the researchers concluded that the method is very suitable to the research; the researchers used this method to carry out research studies.
- Research Techniques
In this study, researchers using research techniques, namely:
- Research Library: According Suryabrata, in his book entitled “research methods, (2009:18)”, Library Literary is review activities conducted by the researchers to obtain information on the theories, concepts, generalizations made theoretical foundation for research to be undertaken that.
- Browsing the Internet Research: According Suryabrata, in his book entitled “research methods, (2009:27)” Internet browsing is one way to find or obtain the source that is free from place and time restrictions. This is due to access sources of where we are with such a facility in using the modern principles study resources can be easily maintained.
I. Schedule Activities
|No||Activities||Finishing Time / Month|
|March 2010||April 2010||May 2010|
|3||Writing Chapter I|
|4||Writing Chapter II|
|5||Writing Chapter II|
|8||Writing Chapter IV|
|9||Writing Chapter V|
Kamil, (1982). Teknik Membaca Textbook dan Penterjemahan. Yogyakarta: Kanistus
Lado, (2008). Common Errors in English : Kesalahan-kesalahan Umum dalam berbahasa Inggris. Jakarta: Tulus Jaya.
Moentaha, Salihen,. (2006) Bahasa dan Terjemahan : Language and translation the new millennium. Jakarta: Kesaint Blanc.
Nasution, (2008) metode Research: Penelitian Ilmiah. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.